Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, then they jump into their Percy Jackson holiday gift guide and give you ideas for all the fans in your life (or for yourself!), as well as analyze chapters 19 and 20 of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
- Did you see the Ballad and Daagger cover reveal?
- Kristen gives us her live reaction!
- Plus, we got the first chapter, and it’s all very exciting
- The finals for the Goodreads Choice Awards is here. Who made it to the last round?
- This is out 10th episode! Not bad. Not bad.
- It’s farther than some of our other podcasts made it.
- We’ve gotta give you some shameless self-promotion every once in a while!
Percy Jackson Holiday Gift Guide (00:08:53)
- Welcome to our Percy Jackson holiday gift guide!
- We picked out a few items that you can put on your wishlist or give to your friends and family.
- Becky also read our minds and offered up some suggestions, which we’ve linked here, too.
- First up is the Litographs shop, which makes for such great merch.
- Plus the official Lightning Thief Musical book.
- Don’t worry, Kristen has read more than just two books in her life.
- The Lightning Thief Musical shop seems to be temporarily closed, so keep an eye on it.
- Then there’s John Rocco’s Etsy shop, which is open again.
- Then, Kristen gives us all her great ideas for Percy Jackson gifts.
- How about these amazing Percy Jackson enamel pins?
- And you can show off your love of Heroes of Olympus with this necklace.
- And we couldn’t forget Apollo, could we?
- Both Karen and Kristen are obsessed with this Greek mythology foil art.
- And these really unique Delphi Strawberry Farms glasses.
- Now it’s time for Karen’s suggestions!
- Who wouldn’t want shoe wings!?
- She also suggested a cool Camp Half-Blood necklace.
- Plus, these neat Percy Jackson stickers.
- It’s important to know you’re sending your money to the original artists!
- Everyone needs a bookmark, right?
- Oh, and don’t forget about this gorgeous Percy Jackson soap.
Chapter Reviews (00:42:08)
- Guys, we’re so close to the end of the Lightning Thief!
- First up is chapter 19.
- A lot happens in this chapter!
- The Underworld is a pretty interesting place.
- And Tartarus is SUPER creepy.
- Karen has some strong feelings about Hades.
- Thank goodness Sally is alive.
- Oh yeah, that’s what those pearls were for.
- Reminder: Percy. Is. TWELVE.
- Time for Chapter 20!
- This chapter wasn’t as crazy but some stuff still goes down.
- Percy is a smart cookie.
- But Ares is still a scary dude.
- How did Percy possibly beat him?
- The description of what ADHD feels like is so perfect.
- How will this final scene be depicted in the show?
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next week for episode 11, in which we’ll discuss the The Lightning Thief Musical.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.