Prophecy Radio episode #106 discusses Chalice of the Gods chapters 9 through 11 in all of their glory, including how wistful and introspective Percy is these days! We also break down the latest Riordanverse news, including Rick’s latest blog posts, J. Maya’s fate on Survivor season 45, the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike, and Graci Kim’s newly announced series coming in 2025. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and we keep our discussions PG-13.
News and Updates (00:02:02)
- Life has been pretty chaotic on every front lately, but we’re doing our best to get back into the groove of the podcast. Thanks for sticking with us!
- We start the episode with a discussion of Rick’s October 17 blog post, in which he discusses what’s going on in Gaza at the present moment.
- This post had no promotion, and it was seemingly deleted and then reuploaded.
- Rightfully, fans have been critical of Rick for talking about Gaza and then transitioning into self-promotion.
- Please be aware there is A LOT of misinformation out there about what’s happening right now, so do your due diligence and verify all the information you’re receiving before passing it on.
- Tehlor Kay Mejia, Daniel José Older, and Sarwat Chadda have been speaking out a lot on their platforms about Gaza, Israel, and Palestine, so be sure to follow them for additional resources.
- Mark Oshiro is raising funds for Palestine through Books for Palestine. The auction is now live.
- Here is a list of Palestinian journalists on the ground in Gaza.
- If you have the ability to donate, charities like Save the Children, Doctors without Borders, and Palestine Children’s Relief Fund are good places to start.
- You can also use 5Calls to talk to your representatives about a ceasefire.
- Rick also wrote a blog post on October 23 about the recent releases from Rick Riordan Presents, and some upcoming titles.
- We’re particularly looking forward to A Drop of Venom, Winston Chu vs. the Wingmeisters, and It Waits in the Forest.
- Read Riordan has also been busy over the last two weeks, wanting you to catch up with Zyanya from Dawn of the Jaguar, as well as meet Admiral Paik from Fox Snare.
- They also wrote a cute little article about how to sneak into Camp Half-Blood.
- Graci Kim also announced the title and a vague release date for her next book, Dreamslinger.
- We read through the synopsis and confirm that we’re really excited about this one!
- Kristen’s Korner is back as we discuss the last two episodes of Survivor season 45 and J’s fate on the island.
- The SAG-AFTRA strikes are ongoing, and we’re waiting with bated breath to see what becomes of them.
Chalice of the Gods by Rick Riordan (00:36:54)
- Let’s kick off our discussion with Chalice of the Gods chapter 9!
- Getting chased by chickens is, like, Karen’s worst nightmare.
- Annabeth is SO SMART, and we love how single-minded she is in leading the trio.
- Grover is so helpful in this chapter, and we love seeing him be the person with all the helpful information.
- Did you know that Hebe and Hercules got married!?
- Did we just find out why satyrs age half as fast as humans!?
- Grover must go distract the chickens while Annabeth and Percy commit a party fowl.
- NGL, we kinda love Li’l Killer.
- Okay, the plan is to sing a song and beg for forgiveness.
- The backup plan is Plan Chick…whatever that means!
- This chapter may have contained Karen’s single favorite joke in all of Rick Riordan’s books.
- Let’s move on to Chalice of the Gods chapter 10.
- It’s time to belt out a tune by some guy.
- Why is the choice always the plan succeeds or we die!?
- This is 90% all Percy’s fault.
- Percy has his priorities, and Annabeth has hers.
- When did you figure out what Plan Chick was?
- Annabeth really is a genius. This was SO CLEVER.
- The trio FINALLY get returned to their proper ages.
- It’s now time for Chalice of the Gods chapter 11.
- Hebe sends the trio after Iris, down at the farmers’ market.
- It’s so cute how excited Percy is for a local quest, but also pretty sad how traumatized he is by being turned back into a little kid.
- Sally Jackson gets the Mother of the Century award.
- Do we have to worry about her getting older!?
- What was Percy like when he was a kid?
- Mark Oshiro’s influence on Rick is SO OBVIOUS in this chapter.
- Yes, Percy, MILLIONS of people have dreamt of slipping into your life.
- Can Percy wash the dishes and play video games at the same time!?
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 107, in which we’ll discuss Chalice of the Gods chapters 12-14!
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.