Prophecy Radio episode #108 finally discusses Chalice of the Gods chapters 12-14, which we’ve been promising for a couple weeks now! We also do a deep dive into the brand-new, full-length Percy Jackson and the Olympians trailer. The show is almost a month out now, and we’re getting more excited than ever! New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and we keep our discussions PG-13.
News and Updates (00:09:46)
- We spend a good part of our intro talking about the fact that Goodreads removed the middle grade & children’s, poetry, and graphic novels categories.
- Timothy Omundson wrote a beautiful message on Instagram about playing Hephaestus.
- Andrew Alvarez FINALLY confirmed he’s playing Chris Rodriguez.
- We found out that the review embargo lifts on December 14.
- Liam gives us some pretty amazing stats about the Percy Jackson and the Olympians trailer.
- Okay, it’s time to talk about the full-length Percy Jackson and the Olympians trailer.
- We cannot get over how much Azriel Dalman looks like a young Walker Scobell!
- Seaweed Brain Podcast mentioned how they went to NYCC and found out that Percy and Sally’s relationship will be expanded for the show.
- There are a bunch of blink-and-you’ll-miss-it flashes of footage before the title hits the screen.
- We’re totally supposed to hate Nancy Bobofit, but we really love this actress.
- Gotta be careful about how trailers are cut because it could be misleading!
- Is that shot of Blackjack from the opening seven minutes of the show?
- We also see Chiron give Percy Riptide, which was another scene they got to see at NYCC 2023.
- Did you catch that quick flash of Cerberus jumping for the red ball in Percy’s hand?
- What do you think of Luke’s scar?
- It definitely looks like the minotaur comes down from the sky.
- Still laughing at the choice to make Poseidon’s shirt so wrinkly.
- Did you notice that the top of Poseidon’s throne looks like waves?
- We discuss what the thrones actually look like according to the book.
- Placing the master bolt down in from of the Empire State Building guard was SO exciting to see!
- Clarisse’s spear is BADASS.
- Is that dark forest the underworld? If so, could what we thought was the oracle actually be something else?
- Could we possibly see Hestia?
- Percy’s shirt is SO MUCH BRIGHTER than everyone else’s.
- We’re so glad this trailer gives us some more humorous moments.
- Is that hydra target a reference to the first movie!?
- Did you catch the demigod in a wheelchair?
- What lit up the tunnel of love ride?
- Annabeth is amazing, but we’re not telling you anything you don’t already know.
- Unlock your destiny. Unleash your power.
- Hold fast. Brave the storm. OUR HEARTS.
- That chimera looks terrifying!
Chalice of the Gods discussion (00:45:39)
- This week, we’re starting off with Chalice of the Gods chapter 12.
- We really love how much of a slice-of-life story this is.
- Percy was impressive, but not TOO impressive.
- The Mist really works wonders!
- We’re kind of obsessed with Standard Olympian Beverage Number 5.
- Percy fills Ganymede in on the plan, and even though Ganymede is nervous, he’s choosing to trust his elected demigod.
- Percy and Annabeth chat via Iris Message, and we love their relationship so much.
- But we still have a lot of questions about how they earn drachmas!
- Imagine being Annabeth’s roommate lol.
- In Chalice of the Gods chapter 13, the trio meets up with Blanche.
- Grover is obsessed with Blanche. Karen is obsessed with Blanche. Everyone is obsessed with Blanche.
- We get a really specific description of Iris, and her eyes sound absolutely mesmerizing.
- Reptile guys and goth girls really go together, if you didn’t already know.
- Is complete indifference the best way to get your godly parent’s attention!?
- We discuss the favor that Annabeth now owes Blanche for introducing them to her mother.
- Next up is Chalice of the Gods chapter 14, in which Iris gives Percy a big stick!
- Imagine that, Iris is actually a good listener.
- And being a cupbearer is a thankless job.
- The goddess doesn’t give information away for free, so they have a quest within a quest to accomplish.
- We also get an official deadline for Ganymede’s quest, and it’s pretty long compared to most of the others Percy’s had to deal with over the years.
- Where is the River Elisson and how can they possibly find it!?
- Now the horned serpents and all the rainbows on the Chalice of the Gods UK cover make so much more sense.
- Sean has another guess as to what could be in the box.
- Nicolaas may have fallen behind (it’s okay!), but he was excited to jump into our discussion of all the recent Percy Jackson and the Olympians footage.
- And Ms. Bobbilicious also wrote in to tell us her idea for Rick’s cameo—and we LOVE IT.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 109, in which we’ll discuss Chalice of the Gods chapters 15-17!
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.