Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, then do a deep dive on the god Poseidon and wonder who they’d like to see portray him in the show, as well as read Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse chapters 5 and 6. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:02:12)
- We are perfect and have no flaws. No mistakes!
- Don’t grow up, kids.
- Jen Cervantes has started writing The Lords of Night 2, but blank pages are hard.
- Are you going to attend Roshani Chokshi’s Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality book tour?
- We’ve seen some information floating around the internet about Percy Jackson and the Olympians on Disney+, but take everything with a grain of salt until it’s been confirmed.
- First up is a PJOTV cast breakdown for each episode.
- @updatespercy is a very helpful news source. Go follow them!
- Next, we have a production end date.
- We wonder how the show will be shot and when we might start seeing episodes.
- Then we talk about working titles and other information.
- Could they be shooting in NYC at all?
- Karen needs to work on her transitions.
Deep Dive: Poseidon (00:18:50)
- We have an ulterior motive for doing this episode now.
- Reminder that Melissa Ponzio would make a perfect Sally Jackson.
- Isn’t it a little weird that Poseidon made horses?
- Oh yeah, Poseidon does have a thing about bulls.
- His golden chariot sounds pretty cool, too.
- We’re not going to go through ALL the myths, just the ones that are more relevant.
- Like most gods, he has a complicated family tree and definitely has some issues with his dad.
- Rick had his work cut out for him talking about some of these nastier myths.
- Sometimes we don’t know things, and that’s okay.
- You might love your siblings, but you probably don’t want to live with them.
- Why do telkhines sound so familiar!?
- Amphitrite just wanted to be her own person, but Poseidon wasn’t too bad of a husband.
- If Poseidon had his own city, what would it be called?
- Poseidon is the patron god of never getting the city he wants.
- The Trojan Horse makes a lot more sense now that we know more about Poseidon.
- Poor Demeter. She really got the short end of the stick here.
- At least Hestia got off okay?
- Let’s get into the Poseidon we know and love from Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
- Who holds the record for the most demigod children?
- Now that we’re refreshed on Poseidon’s physical attributes and his personality, let’s discuss who we want to portray Percy’s dad in the television show.
- Karen’s first pick is none other than the Winter Soldier himself, Sebastian Stan.
- Let’s be real, a defining characteristic is whether the person can rock long hair.
- Kristen’s next pick might be a little out of left field, but Zac Efron would be a GET.
- Shame on Karen for never having seen A High School Musical.
- We’re stuck on the age thing a little bit—how old should the gods appear to be?
- If Momoa wants to play Poseidon, we’re not going to complain, but it’s low-hanging fruit.
- Karen tried to avoid picking her go-to actor, but he’d be such a good catch that she couldn’t do it.
- Because who doesn’t love Idris Elba and want him in everything!?
- What would Poisedon’s godly outfit look like?
- Okay, next up is another major player who’s also been in Game of Thrones, and that’s none other than…Kit Harrington!
- Plus, he’s done some Greek-inspired movies before.
- Again, long hair is very important.
- Which means we have to include Keanu Reeves on this list.
- And we already know he’d be down to do a movie or show for kids!
- Karen and Kristen both feel pretty strongly about this last choice for Poseidon.
- Chris Hemsworth has already played a god, after all!
- Let. Him. Keep. His. Accent.
- One of our listeners also had a great suggestion!
Chapter Reviews (00:59:39)
- It’s time for Titan’s Curse chapter 5.
- There’s a lot going on in BOTH of these chapters. Strap in.
- We’re super glad Percy stood up to Mr. D, even though that was a dangerous gamble.
- Why is Mr. D so awful sometimes??
- Nico is turning into a rebellious teenager before our very eyes.
- Shouldn’t Nico be having a larger reaction to the news that Bianca is a Hunter now?
- There are a lot of conversations we wish we’d been privy to.
- Is Nico fully aware of what it means for Bianca to be a Hunter now?
- At least Percy and Thalia had that heart-to-heart.
- We really appreciate that Rick isn’t afraid to explore some difficult family dynamics.
- Your mother is definitely worried about you, Percy.
- What’s this secret quest Clarisse is on?
- Prophecy Count: 12
- We’re getting Atlas vibes here.
- We love Tyson AND peanut butter.
- Kristen is a professional.
- Now it’s time for Titan’s Curse chapter 6!
- If Artemis were truly lost, what would happen to the Hunters?
- What do we think about Annabeth contemplating an oath to Artemis?
- Did the Oracle actually grin at Percy?
- And what’s going on with that scarf? We can’t remember.
- How do official CBH-sanctioned quests actually work?
- We’re learning all kinds of things today.
- Would the Campers have won capture the flag if Annabeth was there?
- Isn’t Pinecone Face a little…low?
- Prophecy Count: 13
- Who’s the goddess in chains?
- We have a ton of feedback this week!
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next time for episode 25, where we’ll discuss our favorite Greek mythology-inspired movies.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.