Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz do a take two on this episode, updating you on the latest news (including that big Nico di Angelo reveal), discuss Rick Riordan Presents and all the amazing series and authors that go along with it, and analyze chapters five and six of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
- Karen sort of maybe kind of possibly lost the first version of this episode.
- The Tristan Strong Keeps Punching paperback is available now!
- BE WARNED: Due to COVID-related printing delays, you’ll want to order your books for the holidays ASAP.
- Daughter of the Deep‘s U.S. release date is Oct. 26. Please don’t share any spoilers!
- Subjectify will have a spoiler-free review up on that date.
- Have you met King Cotton yet?
- All the Cursed Carnival authors are now all NYT bestsellers!
- We attended the Daughter of the Deep virtual event.
- Have YOU read Mysterious Island?
- Robert Ballard is SO. COOL.
- And definitely a son of Poseidon
- Octopuses are a little creepy. Cool. But creepy.
- Daughter of the Deep has been optioned for a Disney+ feature film!
- *Insert firework sounds*
- We’ll probably get more background information from the Percy Jackson show than we got from the books.
- We’re gonna keep talking about Teen Wolf. Sorry not sorry.
- We’re still trying to be patient about casting.
- The Percy Jackson world lends itself to animation, and we stand by that.
- But The Kane Chronicles is definitely a live-action film.
- Yes, we heard about the Nico di Angelo news.
- We know a little bit about the process behind this co-writing venture.
- Mark Oshiro seems super cool.
- The year 2023 is going to be JAM-PACKED.
- Rick is working on something related to Irish mythology, but we don’t have much information yet.
Rick Riordan Presents
- Did you notice Karen got a new mic!?
- Rick Riordan Presents is a beast of an imprint, and we love it so much.
- Let’s jump into the books from this imprint that Karen HAS read.
- The Pandava Quintet by Roshani Chokshi is definitely a favorite.
- Have you listened to Prophecy Radio episode 2, where we talk about Cursed Carnival?
- Paola Santiago gets to explore such a spooky and cool world.
- Beware cliffhangers!
- Graci Kim is cool and she loves food and Karen loves food and you should read The Last Fallen Star.
- Witches! Magic! Baked goods!
- Dragon Pearl is getting a sequel!
- Karen got an ARC of Tiger Honor and did a little dance.
- Kristen explains what the heck an ARC is.
- We have a soft spot for fox spirits.
- Karen has read The Storm Runner and totally meant to keep reading the series, but life got in the way.
- This series is also getting a spinoff duology!
- Zane’s destiny is kind of a buzzkill.
- It pains Karen every. single. day. that she hasn’t finished the Sal and Gabi series.
- Sometimes staying up to date on all these books is hard.
- P.S. Let us know how you want us to handle talking about the individual series in the future!
- Tristan Strong by Kwame Mbalia has super powerful titles and awesome covers!
- Long live Gum Baby!
- Rebecca Roanhorse’s standalone Race to the Sun might be a good one to start with.
- It discusses some really topical issues and would be important for kids to read.
- We’re obsessed with the title of Rise of the Chaos Goddess.
- Sarwat Chadda seems like a hilarious guy.
- Which one will Kristen read first!?
- The premise for Pahua and the Soul Stealer sounds so cool.
- Kristen has heard of the Hmong people before thanks to the Olympics!
- Foreshadowing: We mention our cat.
- Please make Karen’s dreams come true.
- Let’s talk about the RRP books that aren’t out yet!
- In Serwa Boatang’s Guide to Vampire Hunting, pronunciation of Serwa’s name is literally a plot point.
- Not the fireflies!
- It’s giving us very much Teen Wolf vibes. Very much Buffy.
- Daniel Jose Older sounds like he’s lived such an interesting life.
- Finally a young adult novel!!
- *whispers diabolically* Enemies to lovers!
- We just want magic to be real.
- The Whimsies sounds so fun and mischievous.
- So many of these books are set in NYC.
- Don’t forget the Moko Magic!
- This week we’re discussing chapters 5 and 6 of The Lightning Thief.
- Karen was not expecting to have so many feelings about Mr. D.
- The nectar sounds amazing and terrible at the same time.
- Chapter 5 blows this whole world wide open.
- More Annabeth, please!
- Percy is so dramatic sometimes.
- Kristen is getting Big Brother vibes from chapter 6.
- Finally, Camp Half-Blood in the flesh.
- Who DOESN’T like to show off in the bathroom once in a while?
- Chiron is giving us Dumbledore vibes, and we don’t love it.
- Did Chiron know Percy was Poseidon’s son?
- We now know Grover’s official age!
- Percy has so much left to learn.
- A surprise visitor drops by!
- Technically, Chiron didn’t lie about the attic.
- Karen loves the explanation of monster archetypes.
- We got our first listener feedback!
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next week for episode 4, which will include a spoiler-free review of Daughter of the Deep in more detail.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.