Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, then talk about the short story “Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot,” as well as start Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth with chapters 1 and 2. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:01:23)
- #LastOlympianWeek is officially over, and we are sad about it!
- Rick put up a blog on May 8, 2022 talking about his first week in the office.
- It must be so strange having a 9-5 job for the first time in 20 years!
- There are so many people making decisions about this show, creating something truly spectacular for us.
- Did you go back and reread “A God Buys Us a Cheeseburgers”?
- The trio is getting along so well! And Walker is so funny.
- It’s so awesome to hear Rick say the casting was 100% his choice.
- Rick also gives us a little history lesson when it comes to Athena’s eye color.
- Poor Leah has been getting harassed, and it needs to stop.
- Becky talked about how we can’t give space to hate speech and not to fan the flames of this hate we’re seeing. She also talks about the intersectionality of racism and misogyny.
- And then Rick wrote his second blog post on May 10, 2022.
- If you’re mad about the casting, take it up with Rick, not Leah.
- Even though Leah is confident, she shouldn’t be seeing this.
- Rick doesn’t pull any punches, saying this is blatant racism.
- It’s been really wonderful seeing Rick grow as a writer and a person over the years, and being there to learn alongside him.
- We’re so excited Rick gets an adaptation he’ll be proud of.
- Alexandria Daddario is excited for the show and says Leah will be an incredible Annabeth.
- Remember to show your love with #LeahIsOurAnnabeth.
- Happy birthday, Kwame Mbalia!
- And happy 13th anniversary to The Last Olympian!
“Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot” (00:25:45)
- You can read “Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot” here: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- When does this story take place within the PJO timeline?
- What’s the difference between Phobos and Deimos?
- We know Clarisse is a bully, but she’s also kind of a badass.
- Have you ever visited Ares’ temple in New York?
- Ares is the absolute worst.
- Percy, on the other hand, is the absolute best.
- And Phobos was shaking in his boots when he meets our little demigod hero.
- Sea serpents are just big babies.
- The Mist is really working overtime in this story.
- Can mortal children see through the Mist easier?
- We learn Percy’s worst fear thanks to Phobos.
- Do we meet Phobos again in the future?
- We also find out Clarisse’s worst fear, and there’s a nice moment between her and Percy here.
- We get a little emotional about Clarisse and Percy being friends.
- Percy’s powers are growing, and it’s awesome to see.
Chapter Reviews (00:47:28)
- We’re so excited to be starting on a new book!
- Let’s begin with Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth chapter 1.
- Kristen is full of jokes today.
- Percy is totally NOT going on a date with Annabeth.
- And he has another run-in with the Notorious R.E.D.
- How is Rachel Elizabeth Dare not totally crazy after everything she’s seen?
- Did Percy make the right call by telling Rachel that the Greek myths are real?
- Did the empousai really inspire the myth of the vampire?
- Poor Percy is not starting off this year on the right foot.
- Rachel seems to be a pretty good friend, even if they did JUST meet.
- Onto Battle of the Labyrinth chapter 2!
- What are Annabeth and Clarisse up to??
- Who the heck is Quintus???
- We really just want to talk about Mrs. O’Leary.
- What’s with this Master Chiron business?
- We also forgot Juniper was introduced this early!!
- It’s going to be so satisfying when Grover proves the Council of Cloven Elders wrong!
- Why won’t Annabeth explain ANYTHING? It’s so STRESSFUL.
- Tyson is such a delight and contains multitudes.
- Nico is burning his mythomagic cards to stay warm. :((((
- He’s already changed so much since Titan’s Curse!
- How long has Nico been able to talk to ghosts?
- Is the ghost keeping Bianca away, or is there another reason why Nico can’t talk to her?
- Who sent this Iris message!?
- Not to mention…who is this ghost whispering in Nico’s ears!?
- Why is the fact that the she-demons are stirring such a big deal??
- We’ve got some merch ideas for Disney+.
- Caoimhe wrote in to give us her thoughts on Annabeth.
- Don’t worry, we’ll definitely get to the other gods, like Athena and Aprhodite, soon!
- Which app is better for news and which is better for artwork?
- We also announce which series we’ll be tackling once we’re done with Percy Jackson and the Olympians!
- Also thanks to Rachel for reminding Karen about the What If…? episode for Titan’s Curse.
- And we welcome Ian to the Prophecy Radio family!
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 33, in which we’ll talk about Ballad & Dagger and have a chat with Daniel José Older!
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.