Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz are back once again to update you on the latest news (including some Percy Jackson television tidbits), discuss Daughter of the Deep (don’t worry, it’s spoiler-free!), and analyze chapters seven and eight of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
- Have you met Granny Z from Tristan Strong?
- Be sure to check out #Olympiantober2021 for some amazing artwork!
- The Storm Runner series by J.C. Cervantes is now in paperback.
- Daniel José Older wrote a Star Wars story called Trail of Shadows.
- Sarwat Chadda finished writing Rise of the Chaos Goddess!
- Rick has a new update from his blog on October 24, 2021!
- Don’t forget about the October 25 media tour!
- Aditi Brennan Kapil is co-writing Daughter of the Deep with Rick.
- They’re currently looking for a screenwriter to go over the Kane Chronicles script.
- Rick and Co. visited ILM’s “Volume” stage.
- Filming MIGHT begin in June 2022 if we get a greenlight by Jan. 2022.
- They’re filming in Vancouver. There are a lot of trees there.
- We can’t wait to see what the creatures will look like!
Daughter of the Deep
- This episode is as spoiler-free as possible, but you’ve been warned!
- What’s Daughter of the Deep about, exactly?
- Let’s talk about the Houses and which one didn’t feel quite right at first.
- Which house did they THINK they would be?
- Karen and Kristen take the Daughter of the Deep house quiz.
- Now it’s time to talk about some of the characters.
- Ana Dakkar was an incredible main character.
- Karen has one tiny criticism, but she feels better now that she’s talked it out.
- Ester is one of the best characters in the book, hands down.
- And don’t forget little Top! (Is he based on someone we know?)
- Nelinha is a BABE, and she’s such a cool and supportive friend.
- Gem was not at all what he seemed at first.
- Animal sidekicks for the win!
- It’s hard not to talk about them, but we don’t want to ruin some of the surprises.
- Karen thinks this book was pretty violent at times, but Kristen has a good counterargument.
- The diversity of characters was amazing, and it’s going to look so good on screen.
- The language usage in this book was incredible, especially because Rick could write in Italian and Irish.
- Roshani Chokshi served as a sensitivity reader, and her enthusiasm was palpable.
- How did Rick do when it came to writing a character so unlike himself?
- Jules Verne’s books exist in the world of Daughter of the Deep and that’s kinda trippy.
- At the end of the day, what is this book about?
- Is there any chance for a Daughter of the Deep sequel?
- This week, Karen and Kristen discuss The Lightning Thief chapters 7 and 8.
- What would it be like to have your dad at camp ALL THE TIME?
- Also, Mr. D is a far cry from Dumbledore (but maybe that’s a good thing).
- Kristen is very passionate about her theory regarding the Naiads at the bottom of the lake.
- So, Luke hates prophecies, huh?
- Annabeth has the BEST battle plans.
- Capture the flag seems fun but also very, very dangerous.
- Did Clarisse learn NOTHING?
- Is Poseidon just being a drama king?
- Zeus gets off way too easily.
- Who else is a demigod besides Houdini?
- Karen cried.
- Don’t forget about the heckpuppy. (Please let us know who the artist is!)
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next week for episode 5, which will go more in-depth about the Nico di Angelo standalone novel.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.