Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz share the latest news and updates from the Percy Jackson universe, discuss everything they know and want from the Nico di Angelo standalone novel co-written by Mark Oshiro, and analyze chapters 9 and 10 of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
- Kwame Mbalia loves writing kidlit.
- Fathoms Deep, a Black Sails podcast, did an episode on mythology.
Nico di Angelo standalone novel (00:05:31)
- Karen wrote an article about the Nico di Angelo book and how it could expand the Percy Jackson universe in a unique way.
- Who’s Mark Oshiro?
- They’ve written a lot of books, short stories, and non-fiction.
- We’ve definitely heard of Anger Is a Gift.
- Mark is a massive PJO/Nico fan, so this book is in excellent hands.
- We read through Mark’s reaction to the news.
- If you sign up for Mark’s Patreon, you may get some cool bonus material.
- And don’t forget about his Instagram!
- And don’t worry, they’re gonna give the gays everything they want.
- Let’s talk about the process and how writing this book is gonna work.
- We know an approximate date for the book’s release, but there’s no title yet.
- Let’s talk about Tower of Nero and what it could tell us about what’s to come.
- Hearing voices is never a good sign.
- Do you remember Iapetus, aka Bob?
- Karen has a lot of emotions about House of Hades and Bob (and Small Bob!).
- “I don’t like it when people are overlooked.” NICO, YOU SWEET, SWEET BOY.
- But Percy and Annabeth got to go to Tartarus, why can’t I?? *foot stomp*
- How convenient we weren’t able to hear the prophecy.
- Are they EVER good news?
- If you’re worried about Rick co-writing a book…don’t be!!
- We love #OwnVoices stories.
- Look, Rick has A LOT on his plate.
- Maybe we can get more books with other co-writers?
- Do you think we’ll ever get a PJO story a la Lower Decks from Star Trek?
- What if there are crossover stories between the Percy Jackson universe and the Rick Riordan Presents books?
- Just IMAGINE the possibilities.
Chapter Reviews (00:52:29)
- Kristen leads us through chapters 9 and 10 of The Lightning Thief.
- Karen recalls Trevor Noah’s Born a Crime and feels sad for Percy.
- Does Percy have a different sensitivity to spirits than other people?
- Who knows, but that mummy is CREEPY.
- We make sure we have the full prophecy text here. (Prophecy Count: 3)
- Why did the Oracle choose Smelly Gabe and his friends?
- What are the odds Percy would get a quest that sends him exactly where he wants to go?
- We get an answer to one of our previous questions.
- Rick has always had a thing against Hollywood and Los Angeles, hasn’t he?
- Ah, Wise Girl.
- How awesome is Riptide? MVP, to be honest.
- If Gabe is repulsively human, what does that say about mankind??
- Why did Mrs. Dodds reanimate so quickly?
- We want some magical gifts!
- Shoutout to Hillary Duff.
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next week for episode 6, which will explore ideas for other standalone novels based on our favorite characters.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.