Prophecy Radio episode #56 talks about the Lotus Hotel & Casino, and all of the references and Easter eggs we might see in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians TV show. The hosts tackle all the latest news in the Riordanverse, including the Crown of Wishes adaptation, the Freedom Fire imprint, and yet another blog post from Rick Riordan, as well as a reread and discussion of Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian chapter 10. This book is really heating up, and we’re only halfway through! New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:03:53)
- Read Riordan lets us know how we can win a wilderness survival competition with the Hunters of Artemis.
- Make sure you go follow Tehlor Kay Mejia on Instagram, as she is no longer on Twitter.
- Roshani Chokshi’s A Crown of of Wishes is getting an adaptation on Disney+!
- It’s pretty cool that the show’s lead, Avantika, has ties to both Aryan Simhadri (Grover) and Charles Bushnell (Luke).
- This might even help pave the way for an Aru Shah adaptation!
- Kwame Mbalia gives everyone a pep talk for NaNoWriMo.
- Did you also hear the Kwame is heading up a new imprint for Disney Books, called Freedom Fire?
- Yeah, we’re super excited about this.
Lotus Hotel & Casino references and Easter eggs (00:12:04)
- Obviously a Nico and Bianca Easter egg is at the top of everyone’s lists, but there’s A LOT more Percy Jackson and the Olympians can do with this scene/episode.
- Obviously Karen’s first choice is to put a Disney Hercules reference in the show somehow.
- Maybe the kids could be playing the Hercules Playstation game that came out way back in 1997?
- You can currently buy this game on Steam. Is anyone a fan?
- Kristen also had some ideas for what kind of Disney Easter eggs could end up in the show.
- We gotta get Finding Nemo or The Little Mermaid in there somehow.
- But what about Doctor Who!? That could actually make for a GREAT crossover/reference.
- And, of course, there’s always Wreck-It-Ralph.
- Karen is definitely on board for the water theme—but she had an idea for what their rooms at the hotel could look like.
- Where would Grover and Annabeth stay?
- And how could we fit Oliver and Company into this world?
- We really couldn’t pass up this opportunity to drop some movie references.
- Wouldn’t it be cool if Logan Lerman or Alexandra Daddario showed up in the background as one of the adult characters in the hotel?
- It totally makes sense if the Lotus Hotel was hosting a convention that week!
- Really, though, Disney needs to hire us. We’re so good at this.
- Poor Grover needs a Lotus Hotel & Casino redemption arc after what he went through in the movie.
- Some famous missing person HAS to show up at the hotel. It just makes so much sense!
- Book canon and show canon don’t have to match exactly.
- Do we want the show to break the fourth wall at all?
- How cool would it be if this scene foreshadowed what would happen in Sea of Monsters aka Percy Jackson and the Olympians season 2.
- How many classic videogames can they fit into this one scene!?
- What’s more likely, a Kingdom Hearts or Dreamlight Valley reference?
- Just please, for the love of the gods, don’t turn this into Ready Player One.
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (00:38:37)
- This week, we’re talking The Last Olympian chapter 10.
- Thank goodness Mrs. O’Leary didn’t get put to sleep!
- Do we ever see the video shield again in the series?
- Where’s the line between science and magic within this universe?
- What is Grover up to right now? Is he back at CBH?
- Should Annabeth have been the one to direct all the troops, considering she’s a daughter of Athena?
- This is, like, a REAL war, you guys.
- Karen NEEDS that Death to Barbie t-shirt.
- Please give us a Thalia spinoff series!!
- Percy and Annabeth are such good people. How could you not love them!?
- These automatons are awesome and SCARY.
- The scene with the two rivers was pretty cool, but…
- Can someone please explain how the heck Percy knew what to do with the sand dollar?
- Percy’s got a lot of baggage when it comes to the Minotaur, and we can’t wait to see what happens next!
- Does it make sense that the demigods would be fighting for Olympus, specifically?
- Shout-out to Phoebe for also thinking a Hercules reference would be perfect to see in the Lotus Hotel & Casino scenes.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 57, where we’ll do a Deep Dive on Hermes (seriously, it’s perfect timing).
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.