Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz talk about what’s new in the Percy Jackson fandom, pitch each other their ideas for standalone novels set in the Camp Half-Blood Chronicles universe (aside from Nico di Angelo, of course), and analyze chapters 11 and 12 of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
- Roseanne A. Brown’s A Psalm of Storms and Silence is out now!
- Becky suggests you read Anne Ursu’s Cronus Chronicles.
- Hoyeon Jung from Squid Game loves Percy Jackson.
- Make sure you read up on the Nautilus!
- And don’t forget about the Cursed Carnival excerpt for “My Life as a Child Outlaw.”
Standalone novel ideas (00:07:23)
- We’re definitely getting a Nico di Angelo book, but what other characters do we want standalone novels for?
- Karen wrote an article about this earlier this year on Hypable.
- Did you guess which character people most want a book about, besides Nico?
- Karen’s first suggestion is Mr. D—it’s a strange one, but bear with her.
- Kristen likes the idea of his curse being lifted for 24 hours.
- Do we know how long he’s been at camp so far?
- The end of Tower of Nero has a perfect jumping off point, too.
- Kristen’s first choice if Frank because he’s her favorite out of all the Camp Jupiter kids.
- He has such a rich family lineage, this could make for a really cool story.
- Everyone loves a good family heirloom.
- Should this be with or without Hazel?
- Next up, Karen makes her argument for a book based on Rachel Elizabeth Dare.
- Can she give herself a prophecy?
- Once again, Tower of Nero provides the perfect segue into a book.
- Kristen’s rounding out her main picks with Leo Valdez.
- Everyone loves a good festival!
- You break it, you fix it.
- It’s okay if Calypso isn’t involved, but Karen really loves these two together.
- We say he’s immature a lot, but we really do love him.
- Long live Festus!
- Karen’s runner-up is none other than Thalia Grace (and maybe a little Reyna, too).
- There are a million ideas here for a Hunters of Artemis book.
- Kristen talked about her a little earlier, but her runner-up idea is for Hazel Levesque.
- This would also be a perfect follow-up to Nico’s story.
- And maybe it could be a little bit spooky.
Chapter Reviews (01:10:22)
- Kristen leads us through The Lightning Thief chapters 11 and 12.
- Thank goodness SOME of their stuff survived.
- It’s nice Annabeth has some doubts.
- What exactly was going on with Percy?
- Should we recognize any of the statues?
- It was important to get the Percy-Medusa fight out of the way early.
- Is Medusa really a monster?
- Kristen has a question, but—
- It’s answered at the beginning of the next chapter.
- The next chapter is super short, but it’s jam-packed.
- Of course Grover is an environmentalist!
- There are some weird things going on…
- The Lightning Thief musical did things a little differently.
- We’re officially halfway through the book!
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next week for episode 7, which will discuss the Rick Riordan Presents authors’ other series.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.