Prophecy Radio episode #66 returns from our mini-hiatus to catch you up on all the news we missed while we were away. We’re talking about The Sun and the Star, Rick Riordan Presents, Percy Jackson and the Olymjpians, and much, MUCH more. Plus, we read and discuss Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian chapter 20, which contains one of the most iconic scenes in the entire series. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News Roundup (00:04:49)
- We’re back! We had a nice little break, but we’re super excited to jump back into Prophecy Radio and catch up on all the news we missed while we were away.
- We’re totally going to keep talking about Greek mythology and Percy Jackson, even as we start in on The Red Pyramid.
- Let’s kick this off by wishing both Thalia Grace (December 22) and Walker Scobell (January 5) a happy, happy birthday.
- We’re so happy that everyone on set seems optimistic about getting more seasons of Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
- Did you see the stunt video that Alex Kyshkovych posted of Walker training for The Adam Project?
- Read Riordan posted some New Year’s resolutions from the gods and demigods, as it’s super cute!
- Except for that last part about Gaea. We find that highly suspicious.
- Karen has some qualms with their article about the five most underrated demigods, but she finds peace by the end of the discussion.
- As always, when we see a quiz, we’ve gotta take it! How did we do on the Rick Riordan Presents quotes quiz?
- Have you seen the cover to Dawn of the Jaguar by J.C. Cervantes?
- We’re also very excited about Fox Snare, the conclusion to the Thousand Worlds trilogy by Yoon Ha Lee.
- It’s so awesome that Daughter of the Deep is still on the New York Times bestselling books list.
- Becky has some stuff to say about Chalice of the Gods.
- Don’t forget to pick up The Sword of Hades and get that sneak peek of The Sun and the Star.
- Karen took some SERIOUS notes about Mark Oshiro’s Instagram takeover for Macmillan, so buckle in and made sure you pre-order Into the Light before March 28!
- We’re counting down the days until Mark writes a Rick Riordan Presents book!
- We really loved the picture of Mark and Rick meeting for the first time.
- How could you not be jealous about Mark witnessing Rick’s process and brilliance firsthand??
- Why does Nico mean so much to Mark Oshiro?
- It’s not too much to hope that because this process went so smoothly that we could get books for other characters, right?
- How crazy is the end of The Sun and the Star going to be!?
- Rick found it very important to make Will a big part of this book, and we are so excited about that.
- Do you think Nico is a…snake person!?
- Keep your eye out for more announcements from Mark soon!
- Walker confirmed there’s only three more weeks of filming after they return from their break.
- Do we REALLY think the show’s release date could be late 2023?
- Logan Lerman talks about how talented Walker Scobell is.
- If you’re interested, here’s a link to the Esquire article about him as well.
- Becky has some really good things to say about Alexandra Daddario and actors in general.
- And this article from Sydney Morning Herald was also very good.
- And that’s what you missed on Prophecy Radio!
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (01:28:52)
- We’re talking about The Last Olympian chapter 20.
- This chapter is kind of a big deal, and there’s a reason why so many people reference it all the time.
- Why did the Fates remove Luke’s body?? Is this a big honor?
- That bit with the string from The Lightning Thief totally blows our minds.
- Is this conformation that Percy will grow old!?
- Will Hermes be able to help May now that the prophecy has been fulfilled?
- In your copy of the book, does Zeus fly a flag or light up the top of the Empire State Building?
- We love that both Hades and Nico were welcomed into Olympus as heroes.
- Why doesn’t anyone stand up to Ares and talk about the fact that he’s physically abusive to Clarisse?
- Karen has issues with the scene where Dionysus talks about Zeus reducing his sentence.
- Poor Grover is feeling so sad, and we hate it!
- You get a gift! And you get a gift! And YOU get a gift!
- Grover has had so much growth over these last five books.
- Hades isn’t even ashamed he’s the one who told Percy about making them swear on the River Styx.
- Percy really covered ALL the bases when it comes to his request.
- Would Sally have been upset if Percy had become a god, or would she have been relieved she wouldn’t have to worry about him anymore?
- Thank goodness Athena spoke up on Percy’s behalf.
- Percy is officially a Hero of Olympus.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 67, where we’ll discuss The Sun and the Star: A Nico di Angelo Adventure chapter 1.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.