Prophecy Radio episode #67 discusses The Sun and the Star: A Nico di Angelo Adventure chapter 1, which can be found in the back of the “Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades” re-release. Plus, we talk about all the latest news in the Riordanverse, including the Last Canto of the Dead cover reveal, as well as read and discuss Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian chapter 21. We’re so close to the end of the book now! New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
- Happy birthday to Magnus Chase and Daniel José Older!
- Did you see the Last Canto of the Dead cover and synopsis reveal? This book is gonna be amazing.
- Read Riordan also gives us a tourist’s guide to Tartarus.
- They also break down the Rick Riordan Presents new releases of 2023, and we discuss which titles are missing from the list.
- J.C. Cervantes announces her adult debut, The Enchanted Hacienda.
- Paola Santiago is getting translated into Spanish!
- Rick answers some more Goodreads questions.
- Maze of Bones (39 Clues) is being turned into a graphic novel!
- Make sure you’re checking Rick’s Mastodon because he’s been sharing some updates!
The Sun and the Star chapter 1 (00:21:44)
- We discuss Nico’s choice to go on a date with…Darth Vader!?
- There’s gonna be a BIG decision Nico will need to make in this book, mark our words.
- We absolutely love everything about Solangelo, and we can definitely feel Mark’s fingerprints all over this.
- Our hunch is that the Gray Sisters will be significant later in the story.
- We kind of love that this book is not going to be about saving the world.
- Who wants to bet we’re going to tackle a lot of mental health issues in The Sun and the Star?
- Will probably has a lot to deal with as well, and we’re curious where this will lead.
- What ghosts do we think Nico will come up against in this book?
- When will we get to hear the prophecy!?
- Everything’s gonna be fine…right?
- We really loved this first chapter, even if it feels like an anvil hanging over our heads.
- Why doesn’t he acknowledge that the voice belongs to Bob in this chapter?
- What are our plans when The Sun and the Star comes out?
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (00:53:56)
- Let’s talk about The Last Olympian chapter 21.
- The Mist is so interesting, and we theorize where it came from and who might control it.
- What did we think of Percy’s apology, and Hermes’ choice to let Luke walk his own path?
- Good job delivering Annabeth’s apology to Percy, Hermes. *eye roll*
- In the end, did Luke love his father?
- Can the gods change their natures?
- Quick, what do Percy Jackson, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Doctor Who have in common?
- Would you rather see a Percy Jackson story set in the future or the past?
- Can you IMAGINE having Athena as your mother? Ares has got nothing on her.
- Sally trying to get up to Olympus in one breath and admonishing Paul for wanting the same in the next will never not be hilarious.
- We still can’t stop imagining Paul Rudd as Paul Blofis.
- Becky gives us some clues as to why there might be a difference in the signal Zeus puts out to tell Sally that Percy is okay.
- Karen definitely thought Blackjack was gonna get buff.
- We’re so ready for some answers about Rachel Elizabeth Dare!
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 68, where we’ll discuss some constellations and how they may relate to Greek myths.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.