Prophecy Radio episode #70 wonders what if certain events in Percy Jackson and the Last Olympain were changed? How would it affect the rest of the book, and the series as a whole? Plus, we talk about all the latest news in the Riordanverse, including the Spirit Glass by Roshani Chokshi cover reveal, as well as read and discuss “Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo.” We might be done reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians now, but we’ve still got plenty to discuss before we move onto The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1). New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and updates (00:02:07)
- Don’t forget that we’re giving away THREE copies of J. Maya’s debut Ep, Poetic License. Visit us on Instagram and Twitter, and then follow the instructions to enter.
- Jelena Milinkovic has been cast as the Nereid.
- Did you catch the Spirit Glass by Roshani Chokshi interview, cover reveal, and excerpt!?
- Winston Chu vs. the Whimsies by Stacey Lee is now out in the world! Read an excerpt and meet Mr. Pang.
- Oh, and you can also go read Karen’s spoiler-free Winston Chu vs. the Whimsies book review to see if it’s something you’d also enjoy!
- Becky dashes our hopes of getting a Percy Jackson video game anytime soon.
What If… season 5: Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (00:14:56)
- It’s yet again time for another rendition of What If…, where we change one small aspect of the Percy Jackson universe and see how it would affect the rest of the story.
- Karen’s first suggestion isn’t very clever, but it’s definitely an interesting alternate universe to consider. What if…Kronos had won!?
- Would the trio even still be alive?
- Would Hades side with Kronos, or would he just hole up in the Underworld?
- And what about the rest of the gods? Which ones would be on Kronos’ side, which would go into hiding, and which would play double agents?
- What does the collapse of Western Civilization look like? There’s probably a book for that.
- Would another hero rise in order to kill Kronos?
- Kristen wonders what if…someone other than Beckendorf had accompanied Percy to the Princess Andromeda?
- Who would’ve gone instead, and why is Clarisse such a perfect answer?
- How would Beckendorf still being alive affected the Battle of Olympus?
- Would Silena’s arc have played out any differently?
- Rachel writes in to ask what if…Beckendorf had survived the explosion?
- Kristen’s idea gave Karen goosebumps, and now we’re kind of bummed it didn’t happen that way!
- Karen was wondering about Silena, too. What if…Silena had been able to convince Clarisse to leave camp?
- Would she have survived the drakon, and if so, would the others have forgiven her if she hadn’t made the ultimate sacrifice?
- What would her life had been like after that? Would Clarisse have been her friend still?
- Would Clarisse have even been able to defeat the drakon without the anger over Silena’s death that caused the Blessing of Ares?
- Now Kristen wants to know what if…Percy didn’t take a dip in the River Styx?
- How much would this have changed his relationship with Annabeth?
- Karen is an optimist and thinks it wouldn’t have changed anything.
- Would more people have died if Percy wasn’t invincible?
- What if…Will Solace had died during the Battle of Manhattan?
- We’ve decided Nico and Will still would’ve been boyfriends forever.
- What if…Ethan Nakamura had changed sides?
- How would this have changed the final scene? Would he have played double agent?
- Rachel writes in to ask what would have happened if Percy did become a god, and our first question is…what would he have been the god of!?
- Is there any reality in which this could’ve happened?
- What other requests could Percy have made? We have SO many cool ideas that would’ve really shaken up the series.
- Krose13_99 wants to know what would have happened if the Ares cabin had been there for the whole fight?
“Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo” (00:57:23)
- Next up, we’re reading a short story that takes place after the events of The Last Olympian.
- Rick sure does know how to hook you with a first line. What a visual!
- We’re definitely curious to learn more about Juniper and the other dryads and nature spirits.
- Why is Grover suggesting to pin a tail on the human!?
- Apollo has a very specific look, and we know exactly what to picture when he’s first described.
- The Chryseae Celedones are super interesting…and very dangerous.
- We need a whole album of songs Apollo would sing.
- Isn’t it cool that we recognized Apollo’s lyre from the time we did the Deep Dive on Hermes?
- Percy controls the Mist here, and it’s kind of a big deal!!
- Grover is not so great at controlling the magic of the lyre, though.
- Why didn’t anyone tell Percy that the celedon could turn into a bird!?
- Blackjack is too busy looking for a girlfriend to help out.
- About when does this short story take place in the chronological timeline?
- It’s a good thing Percy didn’t lose more than his pants.
- Annabeth continues to be Percy’s anchor, and we love it so much!
- Percy is brilliant, and his plan truly is inspired.
- So much for getting any kind of reward, but at least they didn’t have to listen to Apollo sing.
- Nyklaus writes in while we’re recording to give us some more What If scenarios.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 71, where we’ll tackle Percabeth’s arc throughout Percy Jackson and the Olympians, plus discuss “Percy Jackson and the Staff of Hermes.”
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.