Prophecy Radio episode #76 dives into the late Lance Reddick’s body of work, where we talk about his most iconic roles and which of his movies we watched most recently. As always, we also catch you up on all the latest Riordanverse news, including some updated information for the The Sun and the Star tour with Rick Riordan and Mark Oshiro. Lastly, we continue our journey through The Kane Chronicles with The Red Pyramid chapter 3. Remember, we’re keeping this discussion spoiler-free! New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and updates (00:03:29)
- Read Riordan has a women’s history month spotlight on Gaea.
- This is your reminder that tickets for the NYC stop of the Sun and the Star book tour are now available.
- And if you can’t see Mark Oshiro on tour for TSATS, be sure to find them on tour for Into the Light.
- Becky NEEDS you to listen to this Cinelinx interview with Roseanne A. Brown.
- There’s a bit more news we’re saving for next week, including a quiz and Rick’s latest blog post.
Lance Reddick (00:09:07)
- We talk about where Lance Reddick grew up and how he started off by studying music.
- The Yale School of Drama has had a lot of famous alumni at this point.
- Of course, Lance’s breakout role was on The Wire, and we talk about how much we’d love to go back and watch it some day.
- And let’s not forget Lost and Fringe.
- He also put out an album called Contemplations & Remembrances.
- We’ve talked a lot about his role as Charon, and also about his imposing presence and deep voice.
- That deep voice made made him the perfect choice for Commander Zavala in Destiny.
- Did you tear up when you read about how Destiny players saluted Zavala in the game on the day he died? Because we did.
- It’s really too bad the Resident Evil Netflix show got cancelled.
- One of the best parts about digging through a prolific actor’s IMDb page is searching for their forgotten roles.
- Did you know Lance made an appearance on The Nanny?
- Kristen didn’t forget that he appeared in an episode of The West Wing.
- He also had several roles on various Law & Order and CSI shows—as do most actors these days.
- And let’s not forget the throwback that is Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s “03 Bonnie & Clyde.”
- If Karen gets the opportunity to talk about Numb3rs, she will.
- Can you guess which two roles Lance had within the Batman universe?
- It’s time to talk about the Lance Reddick roles we were already familiar with.
- White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen kicked off two franchises that Lance Reddick has appeared in.
- And although Karen wouldn’t recommend It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, you can see Lance on that show, too.
- Now it’s time to talk about the two new Lance Reddick movies we watched for this episode.
- Karen heard good things about The Guest, but Kristen isn’t sure how she feels about it.
- Monster Party is not for people who don’t like body horror.
- Lance might not have huge role in either of these movies, but like most of his other portrayals, he makes an impact.
- We talk about all of Lance’s upcoming, unreleased roles.
- What are we expecting and looking forward to in Lance’s portrayal of Zeus in Percy Jackson and the Olympians season 1?
- Watch the video of Lance talking about his role as Zeus.
The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid (00:58:58)
- This week, we’re reading The Red Pyramid chapter 3.
- We’re so excited that we get Sadie’s perspective in this chapter!
- Why are the police treating these kids like criminals?
- What’s with the icy chill down Sadie’s back?
- Is that inspector evil? Is he in on what’s happening?
- Despite her complicated relationship with her dad, Sadie always wears her necklace.
- Have you seen an ankh before?
- Why even bother telling adults the truth if they’re not going to believe you!?
- We talk a little bit about the ongoing conversation around ancient artifacts and repatriation.
- Was the inspector being super racist toward Carter?
- Did Carter tell the inspector some sort of cover story, or did the inspector lie to Sadie?
- Would Thalia and Sadie be best friends, or mortal enemies?
- Henry calls us out on expecting answers in chapter 3.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 77, which will be a random catch-up episode and will include a portion of an interview with Mark Oshiro about The Sun and the Star before tackling The Red Pyramid chapter 4.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.