Prophecy Radio episode #77 discusses a little chat we had with Mark Oshiro about working on The Sun and the Star and their excitement for the upcoming book tour. We also catch up on all the latest Riordanverse news, including Rick’s latest blog post and a few Read Riordan articles. Lastly, we continue our journey through The Kane Chronicles with The Red Pyramid chapter 4. Remember, we’re keeping this discussion spoiler-free! New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and updates (00:02:36)
- We get off to a chaotic start, but what’s new?
- Read Riordan asks, “Who Was Bianca Di Angelo?”
- When was the last time in the Riordanverse we heard about Bianca?
- Will we ever see Bianca’s reincarnated soul at Camp Half-Blood?
- Can Nico recognize reincarnated souls?
- Read Riordan also shared “April Fool’s Day Prank Plans from the Gods and Demigods.”
- We are very anti-April Fool’s Day, so this will always be a safe space.
- Turns out “How to Tell if You’ve Become a Rick Riordan Presents Sidekick” is not a quiz.
- We discuss Rick’s March 27 blog post, “A Spring Update.”
- Are you ready for all the books coming out this year? We run through all the titles and dates.
- Mythomagic (the production company) has been pretty busy the last couple of years!
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians season 1 is wrapping up nicely!
- We, once again, try to guess when it’ll premiere on Disney+.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians season 2 is underway, even though this is not an official green-light.
- Could production on season 2 move faster now that they’ve already got sets built and characters cast?
- Could season 2 have a larger budget?
- Daughter of the Deep is moving along at a great clip!
- In fact, it’s moving along a little faster than the Red Pyramid adaptation at Netflix.
- What about Magnus Chase!?
- We’re big fans of an animated Magnus Chase adaptation, and it sounds like a lot of other people are, too.
- Be sure to catch Rick Riordan in conversation with Angie Thomas in NYC if you can!
Mark Oshiro and The Sun and the Star (00:33:57)
- Did you pick up a copy of Mark Oshiro’s latest novel? Check out Karen’s spoiler-free Into the Light book review.
- You can also read the interview with Mark Oshiro about Into the Light.
- Karen also got to talk to them about The Sun and the Star.
- Mark says this was not a dream project—and their answer makes a lot of sense.
- Do you remember the Daughter of the Deep book tour when Mark was announced as the co-author of the Nico di Angelo book.
- If you have any doubts…Mark is one of us.
- Rick really made sure Mark was involved in every decision in regards to this book.
- Has anyone come close to guessing what happens in The Sun and the Star?
- Cross your fingers that Mark gets to come back and talk about The Sun and the Star spoilers with us!
- Fandom has really come such a long way, and it’s exciting whenever you meet someone on your level.
- Hearing Mark’s excitement for this book has us even more excited than we already were.
- As a fan, it’s so important to hear that Rick and Mark had equal billing and both made decisions about this book.
- What are your completely unhinged theories for what could happen in The Sun and the Star?
- Did you catch the Rainbow Crate announcement for The Sun and the Star?
The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid (01:06:07)
- This week, we’re reading The Red Pyramid chapter 4.
- We’re doing Netflix synopses for our brief recaps now.
- BELIEVE CHILDREN.
- Is Julius’ work bag invisible?
- What do we think of Gran and Gramps?
- Does Sadie have a dual citizenship?
- What’s going on with Amos and the House?
- Do Gran and Gramps actually believe in the Egyptian gods?
- Who wouldn’t want a bullet boat?
- There’s definitely something weird going on with that cat.
- Hopefully we’ll get answers once Carter and Sadie make it to New York.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 78, which will discuss the fanzine Olympus before tackling The Red Pyramid chapter 5.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.