Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, take a page out of Marvel’s book to do a Percy Jackson edition of What If…?, and analyze chapters 17 and 18 of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
- Note: Kristen’s audio is quiet for the first five minutes of the podcast, but it returns to normal after that. Sorry!
- If you’re worried about the Percy Jackson adaptation, this Wheel of Time article might make you feel better.
- Check out the Last Fallen Star liner notes.
- Kristen loves when authors write mini stories for beloved characters.
- Not sure whether to read or reread Magnus Chase or the Kane Chronicles? There’s a quiz for that.
- Karen is NOT a fan of math.
- But she is a fan of the video game Hades.
What if…? (00:10:23)
- Kristen explains what sort of shenanigans we’re gonna get up to today.
- Karen kicks us off by wondering what if…demigods weren’t claimed until they were 18?
- How would a darker tone to the story change the way Percy Jackson navigated his newfound abilities?
- Would Percy have a better childhood, or would it still have messed him up?
- Kristen wonders what if…Sally and Poseidon had a second child?
- There are two directions to go in here—one in which she had a second child with him a few years after Percy, and one in which she has a second child with him now.
- How would a full-blooded sibling change Percy’s life?
- How mad would Zeus and Hades be then?? Not even Gabe could protect them.
- What sort of relationship do we think they would’ve had?
- Karen asks what if…Thalia made it to Camp Half-Blood?
- This really could’ve changed everything.
- Would Luke have gone to the dark side?
- Would she have gotten along with Percy, or would they have been rivals?
- Kristen wonders what if…Luke was able to resists Kronos’ manipulations?
- Would Annabeth and Percy have ever gotten together if Luke was still in the picture?
- Gotta admit, though, Luke would’ve been great to have along on some quests.
- Who would’ve taken Luke’s place as Kronos’ lackey, and how would that have changed the ultimate outcome?
- We’ve got some BONUS scenarios, too.
- @Colby_jack_ wonders what if…Bianca survived Titan’s Curse?
- Kristen also wonders what if…demigods could use technology. She just wants to know what movies they’re gonna watch.
- @hiiwritefanfic wants to know what if Percy went over to the dark side.
- And @griffin_b1893 wants to know what if Kronos had gotten to Percy first?
Chapter Reviews (00:48:21)
- This week, we’re reading chapters 17 and 18 of The Lightning Thief!
- Okay, but where does the Lotus Hotel and Casino’s money come from??
- We get some answers to the questions about naiads we were talking about a couple episodes ago.
- What were Annabeth and Grover up to while Percy was underwater?
- Barbara Walters is so iconic.
- Percy is adjusting well, wouldn’t you say?
- All we’re saying is we’d love to have a sponsorship.
- We kind of freak out over a line in this chapter. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
- Charon can totally be bought and is definitely not a horse man.
- Karen is anti-New Jersey.
- We talk about how other religions exist in this universe.
- Cerberus is the best boy.
- We get DEEP.
- And then go off the rails, like always.
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next week for episode 10, in which we’ll share our holiday gift guide.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.