Prophecy Radio episode #96 celebrates Percy Jackson’s birthday with some great fanart, awesome recipes, and a few fun quizzes. How did you celebrate!? We also catch you up on all the latest Rick Riordan news, including some great articles that hint at what’s to come in Serwa Boateng’s Guide to Witchcraft and Mayhem, The Spirit Glass, and even Chalice of the Gods. This week, we also tackle The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid chapter 19 and get to experience a picnic in the sky. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and we keep our discussions PG-13.
News and Updates (00:01:04)
- We remind you that we won’t be discussing any news about the forthcoming Disney+ show until the WGA/SAG-AFTRA strikes are over.
- Happy birthday, Dior Goodjohn!
- It’s time to meet Funtunfunefu-Denkyemfunefu from Serwa Boateng’s Guide to Witchcraft and Mayhem by Roseanne A. Brown.
- And not to be left out, we also talk about Corazon from the upcoming The Spirit Glass by Roshani Chokshi.
- Read Riordan also had a nice little check-in with the goddess Iris, and we got some cool insight into what will happen in Chalice of the Gods.
- We also now have a release date for the Lightning Thief collector’s edition.
- Lastly, we talk about AI and art after seeing a tweet on the topic from Victo Ngai.
Happy birthday, Percy Jackson! (00:20:13)
- You can make some awesome Percy Jackson-inspired cupcakes like we did!
- We also have some other ideas for things you can bake, like these cookies or your own ambrosia/nectar.
- Have you listened to the Percy Jackson musical soundtrack lately?
- The Percy Jackson coloring book is always a good way to pass the time.
- There are so many things you can throw on in the background while you color, like, oh, a certain podcast?
- Or maybe you want to listen the audiobooks! Kristen recommends them.
- If you can travel, you should totally do a Percy Jackson tour of NYC.
- It’s completely normal to expect presents for someone else’s birthday, right?
- We also go through some of the best artwork we saw on Percy Jackson’s birthday, like this polaroid and cute little Nico/Percy scene from Soia.
- Dududrigs drew a picture of Percy attending Blue Beetle for his birthday.
- And even the Empire State Building got in on the action.
- Thanks to Camp Half-Blood Updates, we saw this beautiful illustration of older and younger Percy from @starsarekind.
- Hellredsky also drew a picture of Percy covered in icing.
- And then there was this beautiful illustration of the trio from @182tweets.
- We finish up Percy’s birthday by taking a couple of quizzes.
- Based on your work habits, which god are you descended from?
- Based on your college experience, which demigod are you?
The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid discussion (01:04:48)
- This week, we’re discussing The Red Pyramid chapter 19.
- It’s pretty cool that the entirety of the Louvre is a portal.
- Carter lost his sword, and this is such a foreign concept to us.
- If you already lost your sword, WHY WOULD YOU THROW YOUR WAND?
- Bast very helpfully throws the kids through the portal.
- We discuss the fact that the Washington Monument is the default portal in the U.S.
- Why can’t anyone read Thoth’s book? Is it because it’s too dangerous?
- For some reason Bast can’t understand why the kids prefer grilled cheese over Friskies.
- Did you know what the shape of an obelisk represented?
- Bast finally tells us more about her time being trapped in the obelisk, and honestly, it sounds horrible.
- Do we really think the monster didn’t escape?
- Sadie finally tells Carter about what Iskandar said.
- If their parents weren’t trying to release Bast, what were they trying to do!?
- We love Big Brother Carter.
- Ian shares how he celebrated Percy’s birthday with his kids.
- Robert makes us crave some blue smoothies.
- And Rachel shows off her awesome art skills!
- Thank you, Sarwat, for listening to our discussion of your book and being so supportive of the podcast!
- JustAMediaGuy wants an RRP crossover as badly as we do.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 97, where we’ll do a Deep Dive on Horus before jumping into The Red Pyramid chapter 20!
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.