Prophecy Radio episode #97 does a Deep Dive of the Egyptian god Horus. We also catch you up on all the latest Rick Riordan news, including some information about a couple characters we’ll meet in The Spirit Glass by Roshani Chokshi, as well as the latest from the WGA/SAG-AFTRA strikes. This week, we also tackle The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid chapter 20, where we get to meet the beautiful goddess Nut. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and we keep our discussions PG-13.
News and Updates (00:06:05)
- You should definitely check out this week’s episode of Seaweed Brain Podcast.
- Don’t forget to check the CBCC Etsy store for some signed John Rocco prints.
- Roseanne A. Brown’s A Song of Wraiths and Ruin made Paste Magazine’s list of 10 of the best YA fantasies of all time.
- Read Riordan wants us to meet both Leo and Aunt Tina from The Spirit Glass.
- We discuss a now-deleted tweet from @UpdatesPercy about how the cancellation of The Spiderwick Chronicles and Disney+ shouldn’t affect the Percy Jackson show.
- We also give you the latest from the WGA regarding the August 22 negotiations.
- Deadline also reports on AMPTP’s release of the August 11 proposal.
- The Hollywood Reporter also reports that AMPTP hired a new crisis PR firm.
Deep Dive: Horus (00:22:37)
- There were a lot of different versions of Horus, and he had a lot of different names!
- This makes sense because Ancient Egypt lasted about twice as long as Ancient Greece.
- You might’ve already known he was the falcon god, but do you know which of his eyes represents the moon and which represents the sun?
- Do you know, specifically, what kind of falcon Horus turns into?
- The family dynamics for any god will be super interesting!
- How was Horus conceived?
- We really earn our PG-13 rating with our discussion of Set and Horus’ battle for dominance.
- Do you know what the Egyptians considered the sixth sense?
- Even if you don’t know much about Egyptian mythology, you’ve probably seen the eye of Horus once or twice in your life.
- Again: The family dynamics of gods are SUPER WEIRD.
- Do you know which god the Greeks associated with Horus?
- Horus was a BIG deal for the pharaohs of Ancient Egypt.
- And his fight with Set was extremely symbolic.
- The Festival of Victory was kind of barbaric.
- Set has a lot of sacred and symbolic animals. Like, A LOT.
The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid discussion (00:42:45)
- This week, we discuss The Red Pyramid chapter 20.
- Why was Sadie able to change the shape of her ba?
- And why is everyone a chicken!?
- Why does this mysterious boy only visit Sadie?
- Shame on everyone who didn’t remind Karen about the Prophecy Count!
- Nut looks awesome, and she reminds us of another goddess we saw recently.
- Would you try sahlab?
- What kind of relationship do Nut and Isis have?
- For a goddess, nut is kind of chill, which is a relief considering Sadie’s…personality quirks.
- We get into a philosophical discussion about chaos and order.
- Why couldn’t Nut just TELL Sadie what happened when she descended to earth?
- Will Set ever become an ally?
- We got so much information in this chapter!
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 98, where we’ll discuss The Spirit Glass by Roshani Chokshi before jumping into The Red Pyramid chapter 21!
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.