Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz team up for their first ever episode of a brand new Percy Jackson podcast, hosted on a brand new website, in which they introduce themselves and their history with Percy Jackson, discuss the latest Rick Riordan news, and analyze the first two chapters of The Lightning Thief. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
- What is Prophecy Radio gonna be about?
- Meet your co-hosts! Who are Kristen and Karen?
- Hypable has been hugely important to both of us.
- Karen has been covering Percy Jackson for 10 years!
- Kristen loves movies and TV and books and likes getting paid to talk about them.
- Karen really likes Teen Wolf and sometimes she writes books.
- Now that Hypable is closing its doors, what’s next?
- Introducing Subjectify Media, our new passion project.
- How did we come up with the name Prophecy Radio?
- Huge thanks to Angelica for designing our logo. She’s a genius!
- We have some lofty aspirations for this podcast.
- Karen wants a set visit. Is that crazy?
- Both Kristen and Karen bring a lot of journalistic experience to the table.
- We also really want to talk to fellow PJO fans, young and old.
- Who WOULDN’T want to be a superhero??
News & Updates
- Let’s start off with some updates on the Percy Jackson Disney+ series.
- Thank you, Rick, Becky, and Ashlee for keeping us updated on everything!
- Most of these updates come from Rick’s blog (August 21 and July 13).
- There’s no official greenlight, but we’re well on our way!
- Pre-production takes SO…LONG, so try to be patient.
- The writers’ room is full of incredible people, including Jon Steinberg and Dan Shotz, Rick and Becky, and many more!
- Have you watched Black Sails?
- Shoutout to all the kids who help make these major YA adaptations happen!
- Anyone else play Stardew Valley? What about Subnautica?
- We’re definitely doing an episode on The Lightning Thief Musical.
- Who’s Team Halloween and who’s Team Christmas?
- Location scouting, pilot director, and casting, oh my!
- We have too many thoughts on potential casting to discuss just yet.
- Yes, 2023 seems ages away, but it’ll go fast!
- Now it’s time to talk about what we know regarding the Kane Chronicles adaptation.
- Fair warning: It’s not much.
- Netflix! *shakes fist* Why are you so frustrating!?
- NetflixLife and Fandom at least has some information for us.
- Mergers are so confusing, but that’s why Netflix got Kane Chronicles.
- Karen wants a giant crossover a la the MCU.
- If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll get the first KC movie in 2022.
- How much is Rick involved with this series?
- Eventually Netflix has to tell us something!
- Last, but certainly not least, let’s talk about the upcoming books in 2021!
- We’re going to talk about Cursed Carnival and Other Calamities next week.
- This would be a really good way to dip your toes into the RRP books.
- Next up is Daughter of the Deep! We’re talking about that in episode 3.
- We’re also going to attend the virtual event for the book’s launch.
- A new Rick story? Happy birthday to Kristen!
- Don’t forget about Tristan Strong Keeps Punching, which also comes out on Oct. 5.
- Kristen walks us through the first two chapters of The Lightning Thief.
- In ReWatchable fashion, we go through our favorite quotes and favorite moments.
- Guys, we really love Grover.
- Percy is a hot mess when we first meet him.
- There’s nothing funnier than the little hints Rick gives us about who Mr. Brunner really is.
- Peanut butter and ketchup sandwiches can’t be a real thing. Right!?
- Shoutout to There’s a Monster at the End of This Book (even though Kristen’s not a fan).
- The message of this book speaks to readers young and old.
- Mr. Brunner was totally gaslighting Percy about Mrs. Dodds!
- Omg Grover’s little business card was so cute.
- Keep your eye out for a socked creature.
- Rick’s, like, a really good writer. This isn’t news, but we need to say it anyway.
- Why can’t Percy go see his mom??
- The Fates are super freaky. We don’t blame you for avoiding eye contact, Grover.
- If you have any thoughts on these first two chapters, make sure you send us a message!
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next week for episode 2, which will discuss The Cursed Carnival and Other Calamities.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.