Prophecy Radio episode #105 discusses Fox Snare by Yoon Ha Lee, the final book in the Thousand Worlds series! We also break down the latest Riordanverse news, including updates on Survivor season 45, the SAG-AFTRA strike, and those STUNNING new covers for the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series exclusively found at Illumicrate. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and we keep our discussions PG-13.
News and Updates (00:02:37)
- Khadijah Khatib shared her paintings for Chalice of the Gods and the first three Percy Jackson and the Olmypians covers.
- A Drop of Venom by Sajni Patel got a starred review from Publishers Weekly.
- Read Riordan has an exclusive excerpt of Fox Snare, as well as a spotlight on Captain Chaewon.
- You can also meet Eréndira from Dawn of the Jaguar.
- Becky talked about the differences in the Chalice of the Gods special editions.
- Did you see the gorgeous Illumicrate editions of Percy Jackson and the Olympians?
- Kristen updates us on J. Maya’s progress on Survivor season 45.
- Let’s hope she doesn’t have a target on her back!
- SAG-AFTRA is going back to the negotiating table on Tuesday, October 24.
- Here’s to hoping we’ll have good news next week!
Fox Snare by Yoon Ha Lee (00:24:13)
- We can’t believe the Thousand Worlds series has come to a close!
- What is Fox Snare about?
- What did we think of this book, and how did it compare to the others?
- We talk about the various themes we found throughout this book.
- Min matured so much throughout these books, and it was so great to see her again in this one!
- Not everyone is happy that she’s the bearer of the Dragon Pearl.
- Jun very much acts as Min’s conscience.
- More on Silhouette later…
- We wish there had been more information about Sebin’s family.
- The dynamic between Haneul and the others is super interesting and leads to some good conversation.
- There’s also a lot of political intrigue within the pages of this book, but it’s done so subtly that it doesn’t overtake the story.
- The Haetae shows up in this book, too, but in a totally different form!
- It’s SO important to remember how young all these characters are!
- Miho is an interesting character that we’ll have to talk more about in the spoiler section.
- Speaking of, the spoiler section starts at 46:07.
- We loved all the descriptions of the food that Min was unfamiliar with!
- Did you realize who the Sun Clans represent?
- It was interesting to read about the intricacies of the language and culture even though we’re reading this in English.
- We really liked Ambassador Tanaka!
- And we were so sad to hear about what happened to Silhouette.
- What was her real name!?
- The Dragon Pearl will make the best tangerines you’ve ever had in your life.
- Did we trust Miho at all over the course of this story??
- How did she have control over those creatures on the planet?
- We’re so mad at her for making Haneul sick. And also for blowing up the space station.
- THE WINK WAS SO GOOD.
- So…Miho is, like, really old.
- We really loved how Yoon wrapped up the part of the story with the ghosts.
- In fact, we loved the end of this book as a whole.
- We have so many ideas for the future of this series if Yoon Ha Lee decides to write more.
- Anthony writes in to tell us how he got into Percy Jackson and discovered the podcast. Thank you for your kind words!
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 106, in which we’ll discuss Chalice of the Gods chapters 9-11!
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.