Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, then jump into Tiger Honor, the sequel to Yoon Ha Lee’s first book the in Thousand Worlds series, Dragon Pearl, as well as analyze chapters 9 and 10 of Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:00:53)
- Karen owns up to her mistakes.
- Happy birthday, Daniel José Older! Go pre-order Ballad and Dagger.
- J.C. Cervantes has seen the final cover for The Lords of Night.
- Rick posted a blog on January 22.
- First and foremost, go pre-order Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality, which comes out on April 5!
- Pre-ordering books really helps authors (and it might help us, too)!
- City of the Plague God is now in paperback.
- Rick recommends The Marvellers by Dhonielle Clayton and The Door of No Return by Kwame Alexander.
- Karen is also throwing Shattered Midnight into the ring, as it’s also by Dhonielle Clayton.
- We get another lovely Solangelo book update!
- Also, Kristen totally gets how awesome and interesting LEGOs can be.
- Be sure to enter our Tiger Honor giveaway!
Tiger Honor by Yoon Ha Lee (00:20:59)
- Read Karen’s Tiger Honor book review.
- What are our general thoughts on Tiger Honor compared to Dragon Pearl?
- Sebin is a very different main character from Min. Did we like them?
- Are YOU a rule follower, or do you like to cause trouble like Min?
- A huge theme of this book is duty and loyalty, both to family and the Space Forces.
- The Juhwang tiger clan is intense. Like, really intense.
- Did we like anyone from the tiger clan??
- It was nice to see Min and Jun again!
- Let’s meet the new side characters. Which were our favorites?
- Okay, it’s time to talk about Captain Hwan.
- Have our thoughts changed on him since we last saw him in Dragon Pearl?
- He’s brought in some reinforcements.
- How did YOU picture Shield, Sena’s sapsali?
- Is there room for more books in the Thousand World series?
Chapter Reviews (01:00:15)
- It’s time to talk about Sea of Monsters chapter 9.
- Okay, is it cool or creepy that Tyson can imitate voices?
- Do we think Thalia would’ve been on Luke’s side?
- We totally see where Luke is coming from, but he’s going about it the wrong way.
- Who are Luke’s friends at Camp Half-Blood?
- Is Luke angrier at his dad or at the other gods?
- We kind of feel bad for Hermes!
- Tyson is the true MVP.
- Are you ready for chapter 10?
- Thank the gods (or one god in particular) for that thermos!
- But there’s a bigger question here—how exactly do Iris messages work?
- You’ll never have to be afraid if you’re lost at sea with Percy Jackson!
- It makes a lot of sense that chain stores are evil.
- We get a little confused, but Percy has definitely never seen a hydra before.
- At least book Percy is smarter than movie Percy.
- Thank goodness for…Clarisse?
- We love that Percy recognized his own jealousy.
- You can take the demigod out of the city, but you can’t take the city out of the demigod.
- Who doesn’t love a good Monster Donut?
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next time for episode 17, where we’ll discuss “The Diary of Luke Castellan” from The Demigod Diaries.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.