Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, then imagine what it would be like if Percy Jackson had its own land at Disney World, as well as analyze chapters 15 and 16 of Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:01:26)
- Good vibes and antibiotics FTW.
- Thank you to everyone who entered our Tiger Honor giveaway! Hopefully we’ll have more in the future.
- How about that Lords of Night cover?
- Happy birthday, Lori M. Lee!
- This is your reminder that pre-ordering books is a huge help to your favorite authors!
- Oh, and in case you were still wondering about that rumor that Arnold was playing Zeus…
Percy Jackson at Disney World (00:08:59)
- The likelihood of this happening is low, but we’re gonna run with it.
- How much blue food is too much blue food?
- What would be the best way to order a surprise ambrosia smoothie?
- We all want to sit around the campfire and eat s’mores, right?
- Is there a way to make burnt offerings to the gods?
- There are so many opportunities for merch ideas, but we’re gonna talk about a few of our favorites.
- Would it be impractical to change our money into gold drachmas?
- You can never have enough pins.
- Or stuffed animals, for that matter.
- Even putting together the look of the shops could be fun.
- They can take a lot of inspiration from Harry Potter—but do it better.
- There is no reality in which we don’t get a water ride.
- What if we got an experience like The Forbidden Journey?
- Would you want to be dropped from the top of the Empire State Building?
- Don’t worry, we’ve got some non-roller coaster rides, too.
- We’re gonna try to incorporate Rainbow and the fish ponies into everything.
- What kind of shows could we see? Would they be able to incorporate the musical?
- And we definitely need a water show. Could you imagine!?
- There’s plenty of room to make some of this educational, too.
- What’s the legality of having a climbing wall and an armory?
- The Big House would make for a great haunted mansion.
- And a Pegasus-themed people mover would be so much fun.
- What if you were able to send an Iris message?
- Jannik writes in again to let us know whether any of this could ever happen.
- Merch and face characters seem likely in the future.
- How did we forget to talk about the hotels!?
- It’s nice to know that even if Percy doesn’t get his own world, there are still a lot of wonderful things to come for us.
Chapter Reviews (00:49:40)
- Let’s get into Sea of Monsters chapter 15.
- Tyson’s back!!
- Percy giving Polyphemus a second chance is kind of a big deal.
- Sometimes the sentences we have to say on this podcast are very strange.
- Shoutout to Socrates from Daughter of the Deep!
- Karen gets deep about the cyclopes.
- Clarisse is pretty cool before she goes full Clarisse.
- Who wants a Golden Fleece weighted blanket?
- Percy probably had his first dreamless sleep in months.
- Karen remembered the name of the empathy link this time.
- Now it’s time for Sea of Monsters chapter 16.
- We can’t stop saying nice things about Tyson.
- And let’s just say these kids are quite decisive despite their age.
- Will Percy view all monsters differently going forward?
- Why does Clarisse have to be so infuriating!?
- Will Clarisse take responsibility for her actions?
- We love your feedback because it reminds us we’re not alone!
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next time for episode 20, where we’ll talk about our ideas for a Percy Jackson video game.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.