Prophecy Radio episode #46 tackles our What If…? scenarios for Battle of the Labyrinth, which asks how the books would change if one small detail were different. Karen and Kristen also discuss all the latest news, including several superb surprises from Percy Jackson’s birthday, as well as begin their journey through Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian with chapter 1. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:02:01)
- Celebrating Percy Jackson’s birthday was SO much fun.
- We also got some great presents, like this photo of the trio from the official Percy Jackson and the Olympians account.
- Rick also put up a blog post on August 18.
- We discuss the fact that, by design, Percy Jackson is perpetually 17—at least for now.
- What did all of his friends get him for his birthday?
- Can you believe THE Empire State Building lit up blue for Percy?
- Walker’s mom is basically Sally Jackson.
- Cursed Carnival and Other Calamities is back on the NYT bestsellers list, joining Daughter of the Deep and Percy Jackson and the Olympians. (Click on those links to listen to our discussions of the two books.)
- Rick had some thoughts on Beast, and Kristen totally agrees.
- Join the Goodreads giveaway for You Only Live Once, David Bravo by Mark Oshiro.
- Have you met Serwa Boateng yet?
- Okay, is it a firefly or a vampire?
What If…? season 4 (Battle of the Labyrinth) (00:21:15)
- Let’s kick off season 4 of What If…? with our Battle of the Labyrinth scenarios.
- Karen is wondering what if…Grover had refused Pan’s blessing?
- This was so sad, she almost didn’t want to think about it!
- Kristen wants to know what if…Percy had never met Rachel Elizabeth Dare?
- Is there another human who could see through the Mist as well as Rachel?
- Next, Karen is curious: What if…Bianca had never convinced Nico to trust Percy?
- Is Nico basically the White Ranger of the demigods?
- Now Kristen is wondering what if…Quintus hadn’t helped Luke?
- Would this have ultimately led to Rachel’s death?
- Bonus question: What if…Luke hadn’t survived Kronos’ posession?
- Bonus question: What if…Percy had stayed in Ogygia?
- Our listeners also write in with questions of their own!
- Rachel wonders what if…Annabeth found out about Camp Jupiter early?
- Poseidon Boy wants to know what if…Annabeth had never met Luke and Thalia?
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian discussion (00:54:32)
- We’re changing things up by doing one chapter at a time, so let’s discuss Percy Jackson and Last Olympian chapter 1.
- Lukronos is the worst ship name ever.
- When does this story take place in relation to Battle of the Labyrinth.
- How are we feeling about Percy and Rachel Elizabeth Dare?
- It’s only chapter 1, and we’re already starting the war!
- Blackjack is always a good time. And very convenient to have around.
- Were Percy and Beckendorf willing to kill any demigods or mortals onboard the Princess Andromeda?
- Shout-out to Paul Blofis!
- It was maybe not the smartest idea to take on Lukronos single-handedly. Again.
- Why wasn’t getting hit with the scythe instadeath?
- We also learn that Kronos is basically invulnerable.
- Note: A saltwater shower is the best cure for being stuck in a time warp.
- Does Percy feel guilty about letting Ethan Nakamura go free time and time again?
- This book really starts off with a bang (too soon??), and we were shocked Beckendorf died so early.
- Who’s the spy at Camp Half-Blood?
- We’re pretty sure it’s not Annabeth.
- Last Olympian death toll: 1
- Henry writes in to ask us if we’ve seen all the set photos and videos as of late.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 47, where we’ll do a Deep Dive on Dionysus.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.