Prophecy Radio episode #49 does a complete breakdown of the 2022 D23 Expo event, in which we got a Percy Jackson and the Olympians teaser trailer. Karen and Kristen also tackle all the latest news, including a new project from John Rocco, as well as discuss Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian chapter 4. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:01:04)
- Haley and John Rocco have some new books coming out!
- Serwa Boateng’s Guide to Vampire Hunting by Roseanne A. Brown is officially out in the world! You can read an excerpt on Read Riordan.
- Pahua and the Soul Stealer by Lori M. Lee is now out in paperback.
- For better or worse, Aphrodite wrote a guide to love on Read Riordan.
- Whew, that was fast, but we want to get to the good stuff!
D23 and the Percy Jackson teaser trailer (00:04:33)
- Karen makes a public apology for ever doubting they would release a Percy Jackson and the Olympians teaser trailer.
- Is it actually surprising we got a teaser trailer this early?
- We’re kind of shocked we’ve gotten no god casting in the meantime!
- Karen goes through her experience waiting for the Percy Jackson segment of the D23 Branded Television panel.
- By the way, American Born Chinese seems like something Percy Jackson fans would enjoy!
- We discuss the two mini clips we got from the panel’s montage intro.
- That first shot of Percy—where in the story could it be from?
- Then we definitely got a shot of Sally and Percy out in the rain.
- Next up, we discuss the concept art for the Hermes Cabin.
- Is the D23 Disney Branded Television panel online anywhere? If we find it, we’ll link to it!
- Grover is the protector. <3
- Leah got a HUGE cheer when she introduced herself as Annabeth.
- Walker was very serious as he promised to work his hardest to bring this story to life for ALL of us.
- There’s a lot of pressure on their shoulders, but it seems like they all have great support systems in place.
- If Percy Jackson and the Olympians ever comes to Comic-Con, what sort of footage would they bring?
- Karen really missed breaking down trailers, and this one was a whopping 52 seconds!
- What do we think of Percy’s voiceover during the trailer?
- Will these lines actually be in the show?
- Is anyone bothered by the letters on the signs leading to Camp?
- The next shot is of Percy in his Cabin, looking at his necklace. Isn’t it kind of funny he has to wear it without any beads?
- That next shot of Percy walking through Camp—is this before or after he’s been claimed?
- We get some new Camp Half-Blood t-shirts!
- According to Rick’s blog on September 10, those owls were wild!
- Clarisse is dressed to kill!
- Could this be from the capture the flag scene? Is the kid in the green cap supposed to be Luke?
- Karen loved that some of the demigods were wearing glasses!
- We take some time discussing the other cabins we see in the next shot.
- Last up: Sad Percy.
- Yeah, we spent 40 minutes talking about a 52-second trailer. What of it?
- Becky has a thread about the tone of the trailer and the show.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians has a Disney+ page now.
- Unfortunately, it lists the release of the show as 2024.
- Nicolaas wrote in to wonder about how the show itself will open.
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian discussion (00:54:05)
- We’re discussing The Last Olympian chapter 4 today!
- Prophecy Count #24!
- Poor Rachel Elizabeth Dare never bargained on being pulled into Percy’s world.
- Is it fair that Rachel is angry at Percy? Karen thinks everyone—not naming any names—needs to be nicer to Percy.
- It’s so cute that Annabeth and Percy do their chores together!
- What’s the real reason why Clarisse is refusing to fight with Camp against Kronos? Does she have a point, and is this really the time to make it?
- Kristen talks about her favorite moment early because she just can’t wait.
- Nobody touches Annabeth’s notes.
- EVERYBODY at Camp knows Percy and Annabeth like each other.
- Karen also jumps into her favorite moment—godly DNA!
- We had completely forgotten that Gleeson Hedge is mentioned in this book!
- Where’s Grover!? Is he okay??
- We know he has a higher calling, but we miss him!
- Okay, let’s talk about Annabeth calling Percy a coward.
- We are not here for Annabeth slander, but we wish she would think a little more about what Percy is dealing with.
- Have we ever heard about the campfire’s flames reflecting the campers’ moods??
- Clarisse won’t even let Percy cash in on the favor she owes him.
- Beckendorf’s metal shroud burns, which is amazing and sad.
- Thank you to Harle el loco for the kind words about our podcast!!
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 50 (to be determined…).
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.