It’s a new era of Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast! In addition to Teen Wolf: The Movie, we will be using this platform to cover Wolf Pack, the new Paramount+ show from Jeff Davis. It may be about teen werewolves, but it is not a spin-off. In this episode, Karen and Natalie break down everything we know about Wolf Pack so far, from the casting to the plot to the themes, and boggle at the fact that the actual Sarah Michelle Gellar is a now a part of our extended Teen Wolf family.
- This is our first episode covering the new Jeff Davis show Wolf Pack! What do we know so far?
- Wolf Pack is airing weekly, not a binge. How do we feel about that?
- Sarah Michelle Gellar says that this is true episodic television – it won’t be explained until the final episode.
- The show is based on Edo van Belkom’s Wolf Pack novels but seems to be very loose.
- In the books, all four main teens were siblings found as puppies by a park ranger.
- In the show, only two are. The other two are bitten.
- This is maybe for romance reasons?
- There’s also an evil doctor who kidnaps one werewolf for experimentation. Will that be in the show?
- The books started with a wildfire, and the recent California wildfires are the backdrop to the show.
- We go through the main cast of the series and what we know about their characters.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar as Kristin Ramsey, an arson investigator.
- Rodrigo Santoro as Garrett Briggs, a park ranger who is the adopted father of Luna and Harlan.
- Armani Jackson as Everett Lang, a newly bitten teen werewolf.
- Bella Shepard as Blake Navarro, another newly bitten teen werewolf
- Chloe Rose Robertson as Luna Briggs, Harlan’s twin, a teen werewolf found and adopted after a fire 18 years ago.
- Tyler Lawrence Gray as Harlan Briggs, Luna’s twin, a teen werewolf found and adopted after a fire 18 years ago.
- Bailey Stender, Chase Liefeld, Hollie Bahar, Lanny Joon, Rio Mangini, Stella Smith, Zack Nelson and James Martinez are also set to star.
- Sarah Michelle says that she can talk about all the others, but her character is the mystery. What does this mean?
- Jeff says Rodrigo loves to talk about his character, suggest scenes, and that and it’s a joy for the writer when the actor wants to dig in deep.
- Everett is a smart kid, a dreamer, with severe anxiety and not the best parents. He’s overmedicated.
- He seems like the most earnest of the group and it looks like he will connect with Luna over wanting to make a pack, but he might have romance with Blake.
- Armani is an experienced young actor who has had small roles in large movies and films
- Blake is a nonchalant, dismissive girl in some denial about what is happening to her. It’s hard for her to trust people, and she is really closed off.
- Blake is has no digital footprint, no computer, no phone. We wonder why.
- Bella is the most experienced of the young actors and has had small roles in very large films and shows.
- Luna is described as empathetic but very lonely her whole life, her only real relationships with father and brother, and less so with her brother.
- She really wants this pack and falls in love at first sight with the idea of them.
- If the others reject the level of connection she wants, she may end up going to a darker place.
- At the start she is very loving of her dad, but as it moves on it sounds like she could reject humanity, or try to exclude dad and only value the wolves.
- Harlan is a lone wolf with a separate outsider mentality, he’s in his own world, own rules.
- He has swagger and acts like he’s having a good time but deep down, he’s not really a happy kid. A big part of him is missing and he continues to search for it.
- He’s the last to agree and be on board with the pack.
- Harlan is gay, there are straight and other queer spectrum- broader scheme everyone is human and wants to be happy everyone gearing towards their own desires.
- The show is described as being dark, violent, and with a lot of romance.
- Jeff says it is darker and more sophisticated than Teen Wolf.
- A lot of the emotions will focus on or be a metaphor for the current kinds of anxiety and depression caused by the disconnect of social media and technology, the real-world isolation.
- The look of the show: They want it to look like a streaming show. Jeff told the directors and DPs to make it interesting, weird, cool.
- “People talk about how dark TV is now physically, so let’s give them something to watch.”
- The werewolf lore will be different from Teen Wolf. Maybe more traditional?
- We go over the teaser trailer for details.
- Then we go over the full length trailer for details.
- Jeff is now BFFs with Sarah Michelle Gellar. We discuss how insane that is.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Natalie Fisher.
Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast was the first-ever Teen Wolf podcast in existence, offering its listeners an in-depth analysis of the hit MTV show. From 2012 to 2017, the Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast team brought you episode recaps, convention coverage and exclusive interviews, plus in-depth discussion of all aspects of Teen Wolf, from mythology to cast side projects. Now we’re back to cover the Teen Wolf movie on Paramount Plus, as well as the new Jeff Davis werewolf show Wolf Pack!
Paramount+ has provided a special offer for our listeners: if you don’t already have the service, new subscribers can use the code THEPACKISBACK to get a free 30-day trial to check out Paramount+ and stream Wolf Pack and Teen Wolf: The Movie! Please note, this offer is only valid until 3/31/23.
Terms and conditions: New subscribers get 1-month free Paramount+ subscription (while supplies last). Offer expires 3/31/23. After free period, SUBSCRIPTION AUTOMATICALLY RENEWS ON MONTHLY OR ANNUAL BASIS AND YOUR CREDIT CARD AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED BASED ON SELECTED PLAN (+TAX), AT START OF EACH BILLING PERIOD UNLESS YOU CANCEL. Cancel any time on account page, effective at end of the billing cycle. No refunds. Restrictions apply.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Prophecy Radio, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.