Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, then go through their What If…? season 2 scenarios related to Sea of Monsters, as well as read Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse chapters 3 and 4. New episodes of Prophecy Radio will air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:01:34)
- Have you heard about the Rainbow Book List?
- Mark Oshiro got two top 10 designations for his books!
- Reyna gives us some fun facts about Pegasus and it got kind of…dark.
- Roshani Chokshi did a wonderful interview with Joe Caramagna and Anu Chouhan for the Aru Shah and the End of Time graphic novel.
- Did you figure out the puzzle on the new Battle of the Labyrinth cover?
- You can read Ballad and Dagger chapter 1.
What If…? season 2: Sea of Monsters (00:06:15)
- Did you listen to Prophecy Radio episode 9, where we did our first What If… scenarios?
- In case you aren’t familiar, we explain what we mean by What If…
- We tried really hard to stick with Sea of Monsters scenarios!
- Karen wants to know…what if Grover had never created the empathy link?
- Is Grover a Hufflepuff?
- How else could Percy have known Grover was missing?
- Would they have even known about the Golden Fleece?
- If you changed Tyson’s introduction, it could all still work.
- Next, Kristen wants to know…what if the sea of monsters was actually in Poseidon’s domain?
- How does Poseidon’s domain actually work?
- Would this quest have been a lot easier?
- Percy might’ve gotten more credit for the quest, at least.
- How exactly do you kill a god? Asking for a friend.
- Karen wants to know…what if Clarisse and Percy didn’t hate each other?
- Would she have to pretend to hate him in order to get intel from Ares?
- Clarisse might also make better decisions if she and Percy weren’t so competitive.
- You wouldn’t even have to change Clarisse’s personality to pull this off.
- Anyone have some good platonic Percy/Clarisse fic to read?
- Kristen wants to know…what if Tyson had never prayed to Poseidon for help?
- Percy would lose a lot of character growth, at least at this point in his story.
- Where would Tyson have ended up and how would he have changed?
- Would Percy have died without Tyson by his side?
- This would definitely change Annabeth, too.
- Now, Karen wants to know…what if Luke had convinced Annabeth to join his side?
- More campers definitely would’ve joined Luke’s side if she had switched.
- Would Annabeth have softened Luke at all? How far would she have let things go?
- Annabeth would’ve been a much darker character throughout the rest of the series.
- Lastly, Kristen wants to know…what if using the Golden Fleece to heal Annabeth drained it too much to heal Thalia?
- At the very least, Camp Half-Blood would’ve been a lot weaker.
- What kind of tree would you be, if you could choose?
- Percy definitely would’ve had plenty more things to worry about.
- And poor, poor Annabeth. She would’ve felt so guilty.
- Would more people have joined Luke if Camp was so weak?
- We got some feedback from Henry.
- What ONE thing would you consider changing in the Camp Half-Blood Chronicles?
Chapter Reviews (00:53:12)
- Let’s get started on Titan’s Curse chapter 3!
- Did Percy make the right call going after Dr. Thorn on his own?
- What do we think about the goddess Artemis?
- The Hunters are awesome but they might need to take it down a notch.
- Zoë Nightshade isn’t making a good first impression.
- Did Zoë manipulate Bianca into joining the Hunters?
- What’s the point of being immortal EXCEPT in battle?
- Is Bianca being irresponsible by joining the Hunters?
- Is this version of Nico different from the one we’re used to seeing?
- Would Riptide be a separate card from the Percy Jackson card?
- Should we give all the Percy Jackson characters Pokésonas?
- Onto Titan’s Curse chapter 4!
- We were so ready for Apollo to show up.
- It’s so interesting to see how Rick explains science in relation to the mythological stories.
- How old is Thalia, exactly?
- It must be tough for Thalia to find her role at Camp and with the team.
- We might have an explanation for all these recent fluctuating temperatures.
- At least Thalia hit the water, right?
- Who wants fish dinner?
Thanks for listening, and be sure to tune in next time for episode 24, where we’ll do a deep dive into Poseidon and who we’d like to see portray him in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians TV show.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.