Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, then discuss our What If…? season 3 scenarios—aka the Titan’s Curse edition—as well as review Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth chapters 3 and 4. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (00:00:54)
- Read Riordan tells us what to do in the event we lose our divine weapon.
- It’s amazing to see how many Rick Riordan Presents books you can read to celebrate AANHPI month!
- Who doesn’t want some PJOTV news!?
- We recently found out Percy Jackson and the Olympians episode 1 will start filming on June 2.
- We also learned they recently did a table read and that Becky is SUPER excited for the actor playing Chiron.
- Social media is great for BTS videos and pictures. Make sure you’re following the Percy Jackson and the Olympians cast.
- But it’s smart to keep in mind that not every kid they’re hanging out with is going to be on the show.
- James Bobin is testing the cameras, and even that makes us emotional.
- Mark Oshiro says the Solangelo book is done with the major edits!
- We also learned about how long it is, and we are so excited!
- Did you see the trailer for
Idris ElbaLeah’s new movie, Beast?
- Mark your calendars! The Last Fallen Moon by Graci Kim now has a new release date.
What If…? season 3—Titan’s Curse (00:19:44)
- You can listen to What If…? season 1 on Prophecy Radio episode #9 and What If…? season 2 on Prophecy Radio episode #23.
- Thanks, Rachel, for reminding us about doing one for Titan’s Curse!
- Should we do an episode about how they could’ve improved the movies with a Titan’s Curse adaptation?
- This book has a lot of pivotal moments and makes for a great What If…? episode.
- Karen wonders what if…Zoë had survived?
- Thalia would be the likely target for the one dying at their parent’s hand, but what if it was Percy instead?
- Kristen wants to know what if…Dr. Chase was a terrible father?
- This could have major ripple effects down the line.
- Karen now needs to know what if…Percy never met Rachel Elizabeth Dare at the Hoover Dam?
- This might not have made as much of an impact down the line, but would Percy and Annabeth have gone on their date!?
- Now Kristen is curious what if…Luke let Annabeth die?
- We’re gonna go ahead and just say no to this whole scenario.
- Fast-forwarding to Karen’s next question: What if…Luke had died at the end of the book?
- Who would’ve become Kronos’ vessel?
- Kristen’s actually got a nice one now: What if…Nico didn’t blame Percy for Bianca’s death?
- Would it have taken a lot longer to find out who Nico’s godly parent was?
- Thank you to everyone who wrote in their own What If…? scenarios!
- What…if Luke had been the one turned into a tree?
- What if…Percy had gone missing instead of Annabeth?
- What if…Nico, Bianca, and Percy had never gone outside with Dr. Thorne?
- What if…Zoë had killed Atlas?
- What if…Nico snuck away on the quest like Percy?
Battle of the Labyrinth chapter reviews (00:56:52)
- We’re so happy we’re back to reading our chapters for the week!
- It’s time to talk about Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth chapter 3!
- We finally find out what Clarisse’s secret quest was!
- By the way, we’re totally here for this Clarisse and Annabeth friendship.
- Luke trying to navigate the labyrinth is…not a good thing.
- Rick’s concept of Ariadne’s string is really interesting here.
- Pan being trapped in the labyrinth would make SO much sense.
- We are totally here for Annabeth breaking some rules.
- Is it weird we’re kind of into the war games?
- Thank goodness Annabeth knows…everything.
- The labyrinth is a little timey-wimey.
- Grover, as always, has genius comedic timing.
- Everything has been building to Percabeth, and we are HERE for it.
- Now it’s time for Battle of the Labyrinth chapter 4!
- Prophecy Count #16! It’s more of a dream of the past than anything else, but it totally counts.
- We’re so glad we did a Monster Guide episode on the Minotaur!
- It’s not often Clarisse has emotions other than anger, but we love her growth.
- Can we make going to the Oracle a little less dangerous??
- We want Quintus to be good, but he’s super suspicious.
- Callie weighs in on Theseus, son of Poseidon.
- Does Clarisse have feelings about Chris Rodriguez?
- Prophecy Count #17!
- It’s a very important prophecy, and Annabeth is totally not fooling into believing she forgot the last lines.
- Annabeth breaks the rules AGAIN.
- But it’s so nice to see Annabeth and Tyson’s relationship growing stronger.
- Single-use items are THE WORST.
- Okay, BUT THE PERCABETH HUG!?
- Grover really, really doesn’t like caves.
- Callie stole Kristen’s favorite moment—how rude!
- The Percabeth hug really was the best part of this chapter, though.
- Caoimhe writes in again and makes us feel AWESOME.
- We’re REALLY excited to start the Kane Chronicles series.
- And, oh boy, she likes the longer episodes!
- Can you tell our voices apart yet?
- Check out Prophecy Radio episode #4 for our Daughter of the Deep discussion.
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 35, in which we may do a Percy Jackson and the Olympians fancasting roundup OR we might do a Monster Guide on hellhounds.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.